Any questions or concerns about First Saturdays, please contact
* ARTIST'S INFORMATION*
This is an artist-run event. We're a Team!
There is no central "list" or marketing person, so you have to rely on your own client list and work with the artists near you. Working together is how to make this a success, so please consider helping out where you can.
-read the information below in its entirety
-send payment (see To Register below)
-for Artists Directory send image (50.8 kb which is the lowest resolution that you can from an average cellphone (iphone) medium is 141 kb, computers: you need change the resolution with photoshop or similar program) and info: address, contact, medium (choose from list below)
-your responsibility to contact us to correct info on the site
-contact Kate for monthly participation (see Monthly registration below)
-use our social media facts page for how to connect with First Saturday social media
- contact us to get your banner (one for each building) and postcards
-problems contact email@example.com
Monthly registration: It is not mandatory to participate every month. Email Kate at firstname.lastname@example.org when you want your name added to the "Open This Month" list. If you plan on being open quite regularly you can let Kate know and then you only let her know when you don't want to open as she just keeps you on the list.
Mediums: painting, furniture, photography, drawing, textiles, fashion-clothing, fashion-accessories, fashion-leather, assemblage, collage, clay, film, glass, drawing, jewelry, mixed media, printmaking, sculpture, public art.
Studio Events: We encourage demos or hands-on activities for people who visit your studio. Hours are noon to 5pm.
*CODE OF CONDUCT FOR ARTISTS*
FEE: each artist in each building or studio pays the membership fee of $25
SAFETY: please make sure your studio is a safe environment for visitors by having tools, tripping hazards, etc. correctly stored
VISITOR CARE: if you have signed up for FS and end up having to leave early for any reason please post a sign on door. Nothing worse than a visitor arriving and no one there. You can email Kate so she can note it on “Open This Month” on the website.
SECURITY: is a big issue whether you are in your own building or part of a large building. A couple of suggestions:
*If you are in a large building with a locked entrance door please make sure it is noted on the website or your front door how to get in. This is most likely by your phone number.
* Do not give or post publicly the code to your building or the location of a hidden key as that becomes a security risk for the other artists in your building.
* Use the buddy system when at all possible. Having more than one person in the studio is just safer. You could offer a friend art lessons and when visitors come it could be a jumping off point to start a conversation. If you are in a bigger building check on each other once in a while.
ARTIST CARE: also please be considerate of the other artists in your building who do not take part in First Saturday. Make sure your visitors know the whole building is not open if that is the case. Meet them at the door and make sure to escort them out at the end of the visit. Notify your neighbours that you are opening your studio so they know strangers might be outside your door. Make sure your signage does not interfere with other artist’s notices.
* TO REGISTER *
* One time membership fees are $25. This money is used to create one banner for each building, postcards, domain name and website. If we need more money for a project, advertising, etc. we will collect as needed.
Artists: Etransfers should be directed to email@example.com.
Please mail or drop off cash or check made out to:
Valerie Arntzen 800 Keefer Street, Vanc, V6A 1Y7
or I can take an e-transfer as well firstname.lastname@example.org
(**don't forget to tell me the security answer**)
* We have a drop box account where all information/minutes/etc is kept under First Saturdays
* Problems just email us for help.